Sunday, September 18, 2011

Falcons vs. Eagle: The return of #7 to the Dome

Let's just go ahead and get it out of the way, the Falcons played very poorly last week against the Bears.  The running game looked to be the only thing that we could hang our hat on, and that was pretty obsolete after we got down.  That being said, I think the Falcons player have already gotten it out of their head and I am pretty confident in tonights performance.  It was one game out of a 16 game season, all you bandwaggon fans shut your trap.  The Dirty Birds will Rise UP!!

Food:
For tonights game I thought I would make a favorite of mine, the self titled "Chris' Chicken Sandwich".  Pretty clever, eh? I developed this bad boy in Hawaii and have introduced many people to it with great fan fare.  As is the key in most tailgating situations it is a pretty easy meal to prepare.  Here is a list of the items you would need.
-4 boneless chicken breasts
-1 onion
-1 pack of mushrooms
-Pepperjack cheese
-Large buns (the sandwich can get quite large)
-Marinade of your choice

Go ahead wash off the chicken breasts and poke some holes in them with a fork to make sure your delicious marinade gets all up in that chicken.  I usually season the breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, and maybe some cayenne pepper.  Put the chicken into a big ziplock bag with your marinade and let marinate for maybe an hour or so.  Before you toss the chicken onto the grill, slice and dice the onions/mushrooms and put them into a skillet a little olive oil in it.  I usually throw on the same seasonings that I used on the chicken breasts.  While the chicken is cooking on the grill start sauteing and add some teriyaki to the skillet.  Your going to want to finish sauteing the mushrooms/onions before you finish the chicken so you can put them on top of the chicken breasts when they look done.  Put a layer of pepperjack cheese on top of the mushrooms and let the cheese melt while on the grill.  Toast your buns if you want (who doesnt like a toasty bun ha?) and ger ready to chow down!!

Falcons game:
The Falcons are in a position that so many teams and players relish, National television coverage.  Sunday Night Football baby, if your not watching Sunday Night Football every weekend go ahead and take a long look at yourself in the mirror and wonder "what am I doing with my life?"  Of course being a fan and not a player I enjoy the 'Dream Team' Eagles coming into town for another early season test.  It is definitely going to be a hard fought game and I like the Falcons chances against what everybody knows is a stacked team.  The media attention has not been on the actual game as much as it has on the return of Mr. Michael Vick to Atlanta.  A city that he basically single handedly ran for a number of years.  When the Falcons decided to trade up in the draft to select Mike Vick he immediately increased the energy surrounding the Falcons from day 1.  I remember watching the early years with Vick with my dad and brother and laughing to myself dreaming about how many championships we were going to win for the next decade or so.  Then we all know what happened and he has since re-emerged with the Philadelphia Eagles.  While I used to be bitter towards him for the way that he left the Atlanta Falcons in pretty much complete shambles, I have gotten over it and am happy for his success both on and off the field.  That being said, I agree with what Rowdy Roddy White had to say this week..."Yea I like Mike, but I hope he throws 4 INT's in the game".  Agreed Roddy, agreed.  Some things I am excited and interested about for the game:
-  Our bread and butter for the entire Mike Smith era has been our running game.  And with Turner, Snelling, and our new rookie Rodgers we have a very formidable combination of talent.  The Eagles linebacker unit is not that impressive along with the defensive line, even with the addition of Babin.  I am looking for the offense to definitely take some chances deep down field, but I am hoping that success comes from the effectiveness of our play action off the run.  Also, Mularkey please slip in some screens tonight.  Rodgers was born to be a 3rd down back, get him some open space to churn those tiny legs!!
-  The DOME.  It is our Dome Opener and I am expecting all of our fans to be extra rowdy and get that place going!!  If I were there the players would know it, because I would be the rowdiest guy in the Dome: RISE UP!!!  The combination of Mike Vick return, the home opener, and the national tv coverage should be enough to get all our players extra hyped for this early test.
-  One last thing I am interested in seeing is the play of our defense.  I thought our defensive line had a very good day against the Bears, but the secondary obviously looked utterly confused out there.  I like our chances in being able to somewhat "contain" Vick.  Hopefully get some early sacks and get the D off to a good start.

Well the Dirty Bird fever is definitely in the air and I got a big ole case of it!!  I hope yall enjoy the meal, save the applause for after a Falcons victory please.  No matter the outcome of this game, being an Atlanta sports fan I am excited that the Falcons organization has put themselves in a position to be on national tv and show the world why we get so crunk down here our Falcons.  And once again, to all the fans who are going to the game: I better not see one person sitting down at the game or I will be forced to inflict pain upon you.  Go Dirty Birds, yall enjoy the night and atmosphere and ofcourse the tasty treats!!
-Bon Appetit, Long may you eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment