Sunday, December 4, 2011

Falcons @ Houston: Gotta Stuff the Run!!!

Last week was another week where I feel like we should have definitely won by a large margin.  That 4th down touchdown pass was pretty absurd to start off.  However, I did like how the Falcons showed up and took care of business.  Those are the type of games that winning programs must win and we went ahead and finished out our homestand 2-1.  Today was one of the matchups that I am sure Fox was so amped to air until Matt Schaub got injured.  Without all of the injuries this game has great backstory to it, but now that rookie T.J. Yates is starting it is almost a backburner to what is going on in the NFL today.  Do I need to even say that I am pumped about the game, or is that becoming routine for you readers???  If not..........then you need to get it together because I am jacked to see my Dirtybirds dominate all over the field today.

Food:
For today I am going to go ahead and prepare a similar dish to what I have cooked before.  My brother is in town so I figured I would cook a ton of buffalo wings.  Last time that I prepared buffalo wings they came out perfect, Calgary Hot Wings, but today I am also going to fix some tangy wings as well.  I have already put up a list of the items needed for the hot wings, but here is a list of the items you would need for the tangy wings:
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-2 tablespoons ketchup
-1 cup honey
-1 clove garlic
-salt & pepper to taste

The best part about these wings is that they are cooked in the oven rather than the stove.  I will be dominating our new grill at the apartment while at the same time dominating these bad boys in the oven!!  These wings are very easy to prepare.  Once you have made the sauce to pour over them, you put them in the oven at 375 degrees for about an hour. 

Falcons game:
-The game today is one that I honestly worried about on the schedule, but once Schaub got injured and then Leinart was also injured I began to view it as a must win.  We have never traveled to Houston in order to dominate them like today, but we must put in a good showing today in order to continue to prove that we are worthy of that wildcard spot.  The Falcons are sitting at 7-4 and must get another win to solidify themselves as a dominant team that is looking to make some noise in the playoffs.  Here is what I am looking for during the game:
-Well I watched numerous episodes of D-Block on the Atlanta Falcons website a couple of days ago and I was immediately hooked.  This show pumps me up and honestly shows me how awesome my boy Sean Weatherspoon is!!  I am looking for my boys on the D-Block to make a statement today and shut down the Texans running offense.  The Texans are very prone to making the defense look silly, but the Falcons are coming in with a very highly touted running defense that is coming in to prove a point.  With the absence of Brent Grime I am looking for our fellow cornerbacks to step up and most importantly Dunta Robinson to show that he is the #1 cornerback that we paid him to be.
-Our offense has been hitting on all cylinders the past couple weeks, but we have been unable to put away teams when need be.  The Texans, with their top 2 quarterbacks, are one of those teams that we need to come out and shut down!  The impact that Tony G is having on our team is remarkable and I feel like his veteran attitude is rubbing off on many of the wide receivers.  Harry Douglas is a beast at the slot wide receiver and making it look easy.  Wes Welker style in the slot!  I am looking for Julio Jones to come back and have a statement game along with Rowdy Roddy White.  The receivers will get attention, but we all know that Mike Smith is going to come out and run Turner down their throats!!!

Can I say anything to get you more pumped up for this game?!?!?!  Yea, I didn't think so.  Today is about a Dirtybird day filled with numerous highlights.  Even though both quarterbacks are down that does not mean that we need to take the Texans lightly.  Their running game is for real and we need to make sure to stop that at the beginning of the game in order to make a statement.  I will be at my new place breaking in the grill with my brother who also has a blog.  Check his out.....its about restaurant reviews in the DC area.  http://districtfoodguide.blogspot.com/  Check it out, you will not be dissapointed!!!  Lets get hype and watch our Dirtybirds dominate some Texans!!!  You all enjoy the Falcons, food, and of course the atmosphere!
-Bon Appetit, Long May You Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment