Monday, December 26, 2011

Falcons @ New Orleans: DSGB taking over NFC South

First off, for those of you who are wondering what does DSGB mean????  Exit out of my blow now!  Down South Georgia Boys.  The Atlanta Falcons have been on a roar as of late with their offense firing on all cylinders.  We face our number 1 rival in the New Orleans Saints and we have to come into their dome of crazy fans.  The one thing I do have to gripe about is the new name of their dome....the Mercedes Benz Superdome???  Please, get outta here!  The Jacksonville Jaguars game was one that we needed very bad and it showed that we can put together a complete game of offensive power along with our opportunisitc defense.  Before we get to this week I want to send a big shoutout to my orange homie Walerski down in St. Pete, Floria!  I am trying out a new color scheme with a little bigger font, let me know how it looks.  C1 for life big dog!

Food:
For this weeks game we are going to be preparing my brothers version of chilli.  Let me just go ahead and let you know that it is incredible, well worth trying out.  Like all of my recipes it is very easy to prepare and relatively inexpensive.  Here is a list of items you would need to prepare it:
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 can sucotash
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 can tomato paste
-5 cans tomato sauce
-1 packet chilli seasoning
-3 tbsp. cayenne pepper
-2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 sauteed garlic cloves
-1 can corn
-1 can kidney beans

As with any type of chilli you can prepare it in a mixing pot on the stove or let it cook in a crock pot.  Mix together everything and let cook for however many hours, preferrably 4-5 hours.  Stir occasionally and you can add tabasco or whatever type of hot sauce you prefer to taste throughout the process.  Enjoy!

Falcons game:
- We are on Monday Night Football the day after Christmas and personally there is nothing better than that.  With the program that Arthur Blank has set up we have been able to be on nationally televised games, primetime, and able to show off our team as an up and coming ballclub.  Tonight we face our biggest rival in the Saints and what I believe has become the best/most heated rivalry in the NFL.  Name a better rivalry in the NFL right now, maybe the Ravens/Steelers.  But none of the other rivalries have come down to the end of the game with so many important last minute possessions as ours.  I will be willing to bet that wherever it is that you watch this game, the amount of trash talk will be more than any other.  No matter what the venue it is always a great atmostphere.  Here are a couple of things I am looking for in the game tonight:
-Our passing game is beginning to take shape with some spectacular games by Julio, Roddy, and Tony G.  If we are able to continue that against the Aints D then I like our chances.  Especially Rowdy Roddy White, he is very aware of this rivalry and knows how to go down to New Orleans with a nasty attitude.  Every analyst keeps saying that it will be a shootout, but if you look back at our past games they are close games usually with each team scoring 28 points or so.  As long as our running game gets going and we are able to incorporate Jaquizz with Turner I think our passing offense will be just fine.
-The Aints were known for their opportunisitic D win they won it all, but our Falcons D as of late has been excelling at that very aspect.  The one thing that always seems to be our demise in these matchups is the lack of pressure we get on Brees.  We often try to blitz too much leaving our secondary in man on man with their ample amount of recievers.  With the improved play of our defensive line I believe that VanGorder will be able to dial up pressure from the line and leave our linebackers, D-BLOCK, to do their thing.  If you haven't noticed the D-Block is the swag of our D.  As always I am looking for my main man SPOOON to get real nasty this game. 

If you are not amped about this game or looking forward to it at all....something is seriously wrong with.  Go to your doctor and get yourself checked out!  I am in DC for the holidays and my brother and I will be going all out for this game.  Hitting up many hot spots for food and beer, eventually finishing at a great sports bar where we will get extra rowdy for our dirty birds.  I can't even put into words how much this game means to me, thats why I have to end here.  I hope you enjoy the food, game, and atmosphere!  Rise Up!!!!!
-Bon Appetit, Long may you eat

No comments:

Post a Comment